Between 2012 and 2016 we realised phase 1 of the Abu Skhair Dam project near Najaf, Iraq. When finished, the dam will provide irrigation for 90,000 hectares of land.
In 2019 we completed phase 2 of the Abu Skhair Dam. The dam is now fully operational and in use by the client.
The total contract price of this project amounted for more than $80,000,000 USD.
The works consisted of a broad array of activities.
They ranged between the:
1. Preparatory design phase of the civil works of the Abu-Skhair Barrage project, including the below:
- Design and Redesign of the main barrage, piers, retaining walls, navigation lock and MCs.
- Design and calculation of a 160 meter long and 13 meter wide bridge.
- Design and calculations of concrete piles.
2. The execution of the earth works and the civil works consisting of:
- concrete foundations, finishings, reinforcement work, formwork, utility construction, complete residential housing construction and other affiliated civil works.
3. The preparation, design, calculation and implementation of the structural and mechanical equipment of the Abu-Shkhair Barrage Project:
- 7 radial gates with a 12 meter width and 6.5 meter height.
- Lifting system of the radial gates.
- Stop logs 2 sets with 12 meter width and 7 meter height.
- Barrage stop logs upstream crane with a capacity of 20 tons.
- Barrage stop logs downstream crane with a capacity of 25 tons.
- 2 sets of Miter gates with a 20 meter width and 9 meter height.
- 2 sets of navigation locks Miter gates with a 20 meter width and 9 meter height.
- 2 sets of navigation locks stop logs with a 20 meter width and 9.5 meter height.
- Miter gate hydraulic operating system.
- Navigation lock stop logs upstream crane with the capacity of 60 tons.
- Navigation lock stop logs downstream crane with the capacity of 60 tons.
- Filling and emptying culvert gate with hydraulic operation system for navigation lock.
- MCs gate with hydraulic operation system.
- 4 sets of MCs stop logs.
- 2 sets of Fish pass gates and stop logs.
- Ship arrestor and operation system.